Saturday, May 18, 2013

Tool 7 - Reaching Outside Your Classroom: Online Digital Projects

Geography has always been a subject that interests me. During college, I went on a geography trip to Eastern Europe. There, I was able to see what life was like in other countries.
In my classroom, I would love to incorporate the idea that even though we live in different countries, we are very similar. I can do this by linking up with a classroom in another country through global school net . org

http://www.globalschoolnet.org/index.cfm

This is a site that has web-based online projects for classrooms around the world. In my classroom, beginning next year, I would love to incorporate a web based project into one of my units. During our geography unit would be the best place to incorporate globalschoolnet. I am really looking forward to using this in my class next year!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your project! there are so many ways you could incorporate a global perspective in the classroom. Do y'all still look at celebrations in 2nd grade? Think about how you could reach out to classrooms around the world to find out first hand about their celebrations. Or, heros... Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete